Denver Scrapbook - Holy Rolling!

WHAT BENNIE'S BEEN DOING WEEKS 9-10: Holy Rolling & Hiking in Denver!

Before I finish telling you about our time in Paris, I thought it might be good to catch you up with where I am in real time. Today I leave for New Mexico to meet up with David for our second honeymoon and spiritual retreat at Ghost Ranch.


So, Denver has been a lovely time of hiking and holy-rolling combined with some much needed rest, reading and relaxation.  Since House for All Sinners & Saints (HFASS) meets for worship at 5:00 pm on Sundays, I decided to find a morning worship close to where I am staying. 


I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find an African Methodist Episcopal (AME) church just a few blocks away with a female pastor who also teaches at Iliff School of Theology!  And, once I connected with the folks at House, I also discovered that one of their former members, Asher O'Callaghan, had just been called to serve a Lutheran church not too far from me either!  


On Sunday, October 28, I attended Campbell Chapel AME in the morning and HFASS in the evening. Campbell started at 10:30 and ended at 1:00! On Sunday, November 4, I attended Highlands Lutheran Church & Campbell Chapel in the morning and HFASS in the evening! Thus, I am now officially a holy-roller :)



HFASS Welcome Sign!

HFASS Reformation Sunday Worship

Selling of Indulgences before HFASS Reformation Sunday Worship
(Silent Auction/Bake Sale to Benefit Rainbow Alley, Denver)

Beer & Hymns after HFASS Reformation Sunday Worship
Yes, plenty of non-alcoholic beverages, too!

Shrines to Loved Ones for HFASS All Saints Worship

Book of the Dead for HFASS All Saints Worship
(Names to be read in worship)

Prayer Time HFASS All Saints Worship
(Kneeling Stations to light candles/write prayers at stage)

Me with Stuart a.k.a. "Minister of Fabulousness"

Me with Pastor Asher O'Callaghan @ Highlands Lutheran Church

Me with Rev. Dr. Jennifer Leath @ Campbell Chapel A.M.E.

Campbell Chapel A.M.E.

Me with 11 year old drummer of Campbell A.M.E.

How it's possible that I failed to get a picture with the actual pastor of House for All Sinners & Saints, Rev. Reagan Humber is beyond me... another casualty of travel brain freeze, I suppose.  And, it's also the case that as you might imagine, Reagan was often running around like a chicken with his head cut off like I do trying to answer everybody's questions before and worship.... and, when he wasn't doing that, he was in prayerful conversation with his parishioners... and, when he wasn't doing that, he was talking with me so pastorally that I forgot to take a picture!

And, since this post has so many holy-rolling pictures, I will stop here and make a separate scrapbook of hiking pics.